One of the best things about being one-of-the-many Canadian bloggers, aside from having you fabulous people in my life, is the memories. Lifestyle blogs are like photo albums – only instead of pictures, we have inspirational quotes that bring us back to a certain time in our life.
As I was going through old albums and boxes from my childhood, I decided that, although many of you know almost anything that you could possibly know about me, there may be some silly things that you don’t. Alas, this lifestyle blogs post is about to reveal the very odd, silly ways of me.
There is a meaning behind all of this, though. As I am going through all of the pictures, lifestyle blogs that I have written, and even school crafts that I have made, I realized that I am still the exact same person. You could ask anyone who has known me for a while. As a child, I was silly ham who always had creative ways to make people laugh.
I am still that little girl, only a little more rough around the edges, and in a larger body. I think the photos and 20 things you don’t know about me only confirm that even more.
Knowing that I am the same person that I was years ago gives me an odd sense of motivation. It confirms that I am who I am because I was born this way. Lady Gaga, anyone? So without further ado, I want you to find inspirational quotes throughout your own life story. You can view mine below.
(Some photos are smaller, and there was nothing I could do about it. Sorry xo)
1. I was born in Guelph, Ontario.
2. My nostrils twitch when I talk, and so do my sisters.
I hate this about myself!
3. I had a third nipple once.
It wasn’t really a third nipple, but my sister liked to always call it that. It was a blood blister closer to my collarbone.
4. I used to belt out to Jessica Simpson in a microphone hooked up to an amp because I thought I was a super star.
As you can see, when I didn’t have a microphone, I put my creativity to good use and would tape tennis balls on top of empty toilet paper rolls.
5. I used to talk to myself in the mirror, and when I got caught, I would pretend I was on the phone and it got disconnected.
6. I like vinegar so much that one time as a kid, I drank a cup of it… And proceeded to throw it up,exorcism style.
7. As a kid, my sister, brother and I used to throw our fruit loops on the wall to see which one would be the last fruit loop standing.
8. I used to kiss worms as a kid to entertain the neighbours.
I remember kissing worms, but my sister decided that you guys needed to know the truth. She said the neighbourhood kids would surround me as I shouted, “Look what I can do! Look what I can do!” I would pucker my juicy lips and plant one on my slimy, nasty, gooey worms.
9. I ran away with a cereal box once…
10. I used to think trains were thunder.. So I have no idea what I used to think snow was?
11. I stole someone’s cat once. I thought it was a stray, claimed it as my own and refused to give it back.
I swear I didn’t steal this one. The orange tabby cat is Leo, the family favourite.
12. I have fat days and ugly days, just like everyone else.
13. I have a freckle on the tip of my nose.
14. My sister and I are 4 years apart, but have a twin sense with each other. Oooh, spooky spooky!
So what if we are adults and still snuggle under a baby blanket on the floor to watch tv sometimes. Don’t judge us.
15. I see dead people. No, really… I do!
16. I’m the youngest in my family, but first to move away from home.
17. My sister and I have matching freckles on our ear.
18. I cut my hair off when I was 3, and my family nicknamed me “Stupid hair”… Which I still get called to this day.
19. Growing up, I had a pet bunny named Thumper, my sister had one named Alley and my brother had one named Charlie. When we moved cities, we gave them to a family friend… WHO GAVE THEM TO A FOX FARM!
20. My first kiss was in preschool with a boy named Eric Boyles. I got in trouble and was told to kiss boys on their hands, and not on their lips.
21. I still stuff my face like this… Which may explain #12