With positive affirmations in mind, you can replace those anxious thoughts with them. Anxiety is dealing with harsh, negative thoughts and beliefs on a regular basis, many of which are typically, complete lies. Positive affirmations for anxiety can counteract the anxiety lies while also instilling some optimism, making them an effective way to take back control of your mind, emotions and thoughts.
How to Use Positive Affirmations for Anxiety
Using positive affirmations for anxiety is simple and they can be used in many situations, such as at the beginning of the day to kickstart some positivity, in the midst of a panic attack, or anytime you need some reinforcement of healthy, optimistic beliefs.
You start by choosing an affirmation that speaks to you and repeat that in times of need. Many people choose to use their positive affirmations for anxiety during their meditation practice, which provides an extra dose of mindful healing.
What are The Best Positive Affirmations for Anxiety?
Now let’s get into the fun stuff – choosing a positive affirmation for anxiety. You can use the same on every day and every time you struggle if you like or you can change them up as you feel is needed. That’s the amazing thing about using affirmations – it’s completely up to you – how you use the affirmation; when you use it; which ones you use, etc.
Below, we’ve selected the best positive affirmations for anxiety that are certain to help you through all types of situations by countering your own negative self-talk.
- I am fierce. I am unafraid. I am bold.
- My thoughts do not control me, I control my thoughts.
- I’ve survived this before, I’ll survive now.
- I am strong.
- Change your thoughts and you change your world. – Norman Vincent Peale
- I can persevere.
- If I can change my thoughts, I can change anything.
- I am not my anxiety.
- Today, I will focus on progress, not perfection.
- I will achieve great things through small steps.
- I will not let my anxious thoughts have power over me.
- I know I can do this.
- I believe in myself.
- I am courageous.
- I am brave.
- I am in charge of my anxiety.
- I am calm.
- I am positive.
- I can make it through this.
- I’ve done it before and I can do it again.
- I am cool, calm and collected.
- This feeling is only temporary.
- I love myself deeply and unconditionally.
- I will not let anxiety take me down.
- I am safe.
- I can overcome my fears.
- I am exactly where I am meant to be.
- I choose to live in the present moment.
- I am social and I like meeting people.
- I am strong.
- I am comfortable.
- I am in control of my thoughts and life.
- I free myself from all destructive doubt and fear.
- I have the power to make changes.
- I accept myself.
- I am going to be okay.
- I have the power to defeat my anxiety.
- I believe in myself.
- I have come so far and I will continue to move forward.
- I deserve to be happy.
- I am in control of my thoughts.
- I am in control of my emotions.
- I will be okay if I experience anxiety.
- I have my own back.
- I choose happiness.
- I choose peace.
- I choose calmness.
- I feel great today.
Once you have some positive affirmations that appeal to you, it’s time to put them to use on a daily basis. You can memorize them or write them on post-it notes and stick them in places you frequent; you can write them in your notebook or in your smartphone or anything you choose. There’s even an affirmation program that uses positive affirmations as a form of self-improvement.
Remember, positive affirmations are entirely yours. You have full control over which ones you use and how you use them.
And we believe in the choices you make.
For more daily inspiration and positive affirmations for anxiety, follow the Anxiety Gone instagram and please consider speaking with a professional from Better Help. They’re currently offering a 7 Day FREE trial for online therapy.
This blog post is sponsored by BetterHelp online therapy, but all opinions are my own. I may receive compensation from BetterHelp or other sources if you purchase products or services through the links provided on this page.