After 13 posts analyzing the good, bad, and the ugly found within the 13 Reasons Why message, we are finally at the last
tape blog. But this one is by far the most important.
TAPE 13: SUICIDE IS A FINAL ANSWER
Despite what the 13 Reasons Why message may trick you into thinking, suicide is a final answer. There’s no living on through tapes after you’ve passed away. You can’t seek revenge or control people’s lives like the main character does after dying from suicide.
This is where the 13 Reasons Why message will likely confuse a lot of vulnerable youths. Hannah continues to live on in the lives of her peers but this simply isn’t realistic. In the real world, when you commit suicide, that’s it. You can leave as many tapes, blogs, videos – whatever – as you want, but it will never play out the way the Netflix series did.
If you want to live on after death, there’s an important message
For those of you thinking that you can and want to continue living on after you’ve committed suicide, you’ve just realized the most important thing. If you actually want to continue living on whether it be through social media, tapes, blogs, videos, etc. you don’t really want to leave this world. You believe suicide is your answer but one that you must realize is a permanent solution. Living on is not an option after suicide.
Contemplating suicide as a solution to your problems
Fortunately, you just came over half the battle. Once you realize that you’re contemplating suicide as a solution to your problems and not because you want to leave this world forever, you can seek alternative options. Remember, suicide is a FINAL ANSWER; not a temporary solution to your problems. The following help can fix the battles you’re going through while also improving your life here on earth.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Dialectical behavioural therapy
- Talk to a therapist online
- Free online counseling
- Download the Help Line app
- Rehabilitation centers
- Self-guided Destroy Depression course
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 (TTY:1-800-799-4TTY)
- Send anonymous email to The Good Samaritans organization
- Grab some self help books
- Online End Your Depression course
…And that’s only to name a few options that will save your life. It’s imperative to recognize that suicide is not a temporary solution to your struggles. It’s permanent, and despite what the 13 Reasons Why message may have you thinking, you don’t get to live on.
Suicide is final.
If you or someone you know is suffering, please contact the Canadian National Suicide Helpline.
This blog post is sponsored by BetterHelp online therapy, but all opinions are my own. I may receive compensation from BetterHelp or other sources if you purchase products or services through the links provided on this page.
- Embrace the Unconventional: Unique Approaches for Treating Anxiety - September 28, 2023
- Overcoming Anxiety At Work and Promoting Wellness - September 28, 2023
- Why Do You Have Brain Fog? 3 Key Contributing Factors You Need to Address - September 27, 2023