Whether you’re looking to create a calm space in your home to optimizing your meditation or simply want to transform your living area to alleviate negative energy, you’ve come to the right place. Here are Anxiety Gone, we are strong believers in a home playing a significant role in your mental health. After all, we can all relate to being in people’s homes and feel comfy, and being in people’s homes and feeling frustrated and uncomfortable.
Why is a Calm Space In Your Home Important?
The world is made up of energy – including your house and if that energy is off, your mental health will be as well. Your mood and the way you feel in a space has a lot to do with your surroundings. When your home doesn’t have a calming energy and relaxing ambiance, it can be difficult to truly feel at home.
That’s also not to mention that research has shown that clutter has a profound effect on your overall mention health. The same can also be said about the oxygen quality in your home.
Here are some additional ways decluttering can improve your mental health:
- Boost your mood
- Reduce stress
- Improve focus and concentration
- Increase productivity
- Improved sleep
- Alleviate anxiety
- Let go of the past
8 Ways To Make Your Home a Calm Space
Needless to say, it’s time to give your home a little TLC so that you can feel better in it. We’ve created a list of our favourite ways to turn any home into a calm space, complete with some suggestions so you can quickly grab what you need and experience that oasis.
Here’s a sneak peek:
- The Best Plants: Comfort Plants
- The Best SAD Lamps: Anxiety Gone
- The Best Himalayan Lamps: Amazon
- The Best Essential Oils: Anxiety Gone
- The Best Declutter Program: Declutter Fast
- The Best Essential Oil Diffuser: GuruNanda
- The Best Room Sprays: Anxiety Gone
- The Best Indoor Fountains: Amazon
- The Best Weighted Blanket: Nuzzie, Mosaic Weighted Blankets
1. Add Plants To Improve Oxygen Quality
We talk a lot about oxygen quality and how it affects your mental health. To put it simply, when you’re breathing stale, dirty, polluted air, your brain isn’t receiving the quality oxygen it needs to function properly. This is particularly why people struggle with their mental health during the winter (Seasonal Affective Disorder). Houses are boarded up, windows are closed, dust is building up and as a result, mental illness worsens.
An excellent way to regulate the air quality in your home is to add plants into your living space. Take a trip back to grade 10 science and you’ll remember that plants absorb particles and CO2 from the air, processes it into clean oxygen and releases it back into your environment.
In other words, plants purify the air. Adding the best plants for anxiety into your home can be an effective way to create a calm space.
Buy Now: Available on Comfort Plants
2. Open The Windows and Embrace Natural Lighting
Speaking of the prior, another way to fighting of Seasonal Affective Disorder or to simply feel better in your home is to embrace the wonderful elements of the earth. If you have dark drapery hanging from your windows or always keep your blinds closed, it’s time to change that up.
Hang light, breezy fabric from your windows and get in the habit of opening them up every morning to let the natural light fill your calm space. Doing so will help you feel more alive, inspired and happy when at home.
If you’re unable to open the windows or you live in an area that is rather gloomy, use a SAD light instead. These lights are designed to imitate natural lighting from the sun to give you the boost and benefits of being outside.
Buy Now: Available on Anxiety Gone
3. Turn on a Himalayan Salt Lamp
Another fabulous way to clean the air in your home is with Himalayan Salt Lamps. They also add a calming ambiance and enhanced aesthetics into the space which can help you to relax.
Psst: Check out our list of the best Himalayan salt lamps.
4. Declutter and Clean
Studies have shown that a cluttered living space can have a drastic effect on your mental health and even increase feelings of stress, anxiety and depression. So, it’s time to declutter. As a general rule of thumb, you’ll want to get rid of everything you haven’t touched in the past year – from your closets to your storage, decor items, furniture cutlery – you name it. If you need some help in this department, whether it’s to tackle procrastination or figuring out what to get rid of, Declutter Fast is an online guide that walks you through the steps.
Declutter Fast is a comprehensive program that guides you step-by-step to efficiently organize your home using affordable solutions. Declutter Fast is a guide that shows you how to restore your living space for a mess-free, stress-free space.
But that’s not all. This program also equips you with the skills to declutter even in emergencies, when time is limited and essential tasks need to be done. You’ll learn how to swiftly declutter, even if you’re unsure where to start. And here’s the bonus: it also helps you conquer the decluttering obstacles like sidetracking and procrastination.
In the Declutter Fast System, you’ll uncover essential lessons and critical topics that can transform the way you approach organization:
- Discover the art of quick and safe decluttering, ensuring a clutter-free environment.
- Realize that clutter can lead to judgments from others, irrespective of your social status.
- Learn how to efficiently declutter your entire home within a mere two days, with minimal stress.
- Understand that decluttering doesn’t mean getting rid of everything; you can retain cherished possessions while still decluttering effectively.
- Recognize that some traditional methods no longer work in today’s fast-paced world.
- Tackle procrastination head-on by identifying and eliminating its ideal techniques.
- Master the art of organizing clothes and shoes, so you adore your outfits every day.
- Uncover the 17 essentials that should find their designated place in your home.
- Access top-notch tips and strategies to maintain a tidy and organized life post-decluttering.
- Prepare yourself for potential hindrances to decluttering and learn how to overcome them proactively.
- Explore key insights for arranging both clothes and paperwork. Navigate through situations demanding immediate decluttering solutions with ease.
With the Declutter Fast System, you’re equipped with a comprehensive program to transform your living space and life, making clutter a thing of the past. Click here to learn more about this powerful decluttering guide.
Start Now: Declutter Fast
5. Diffuse The Best Essential Oils for Anxiety
It’s no secret that we’re big fans of essential oils. We use them regularly in the Anxiety Gone office, in our own homes and they’re often added into our anxiety subscription boxes and online Anxiety store.
Buy Now: Available on GuruNanda
6. Use Room Sprays for a Calm Space
Similar to the prior, room sprays are an excellent way to clear negative energy and toxins from the air while also adding the benefits of essential oils. Sleep sprays are definitely the most popular option for a calm space, as they induce relaxation, calmness and yes, even sleep!
However, there are also many other sleep sprays for mental health. From spiritual sprays that align your chakras and the energy in your home to sage sprays to clear out negativity, stagnant energy, the options are endless.
Buy Now: Available on Anxiety Gone
7. Add Trickling Fountains for Serenity
Chances are, you’ve never been around trickling water of some sort and felt stressed. That’s because water has been linked to providing soothing benefits for your mind and spirit. Now, if you don’t live by the water, don’t pack up shop and throw a for sale sign on your front lawn just yet. Instead, place some indoor fountains throughout your home and see how they improve your mood moving forward.
Buy Now: Available on Amazon
8. Add Comfy Elements
Big comfy pillows, fluffy throw pillows, a massive bean bag, oh my. Whatever makes you feel comfortable and cozy, add it into your newfound calm space. Perhaps it’s a bohemian tapestry or meditation cushion, or maybe it’s a weighted blanket. If it makes you feel calm and relaxed, add it into your home.
Buy Now: Available on Nuzzie
These 8 affordable ways to creating a calm space in your home are all you need to start your very own zen den. But while you’re adding in calming elements into your space, don’t forget to declutter at the same time. Mess equals stress and a cluttered space has a direct impact on your overall mental health and wellness. So, start the purging process. You can use an online program,such as Declutter Fast. This program is your comprehensive guide to transforming your home into an organized haven using affordable solutions. With its step-by-step approach, you’ll effortlessly restore your living space to its former pristine and tidy state.
- Why Do You Have Brain Fog? 3 Key Contributing Factors You Need to Address - September 27, 2023
- Panic Attacks, Anxiety Drugs and Harm Reduction - September 27, 2023
- 10 Quick Ways to Deal With Anxiety — Even in Difficult Circumstances - September 21, 2023