Traditional in-person therapy session can get pricey and they’re not an affordable option for everyone. Hopefully this changes soon, but in the meantime, it’s important to find different ways to include therapeutic activities and self-therapy that can be done right at home. To get you started on your journey, start working your way through these therapy questions that encompass a variety of self reflection questions, self awareness questions and self healing questions.
Therapy Questions to Ask Yourself
We’ve created a comprehensive list of the top self therapy questions to ask yourself to help you overcome your struggles. The key is to answer the questions as honestly as possible, and to learn something from them. So, once you’ve completed this list of self therapy questions, keep them around and reflect on your answers in times of need.
Therapy Questions About Your Relationships
- Is there someone I should spend more time with?
- Which family member do I resent and resemble the most?
- Is there someone I should spend less time with?
- How do I really feel about my mom? My dad? My stepmom? My stepdad? My siblings? Each of my children?
- Should I have a child? Why or why not?
- How often do I judge people for being wrong, bad or stupid, and what is true price I pay for these judgments?
Now ask yourself, based on the answers provided if your answers align with what you want to achieve in your relationships. If they do, perfect! However, if they do not, think about what you can do to change that?
Write down your ideas and create an action plan.
Questions About Your Work Life
- Am I happy with my current work situation? Why or why not?
- Should I try to find better work? If so, what will I do to make that likely?
- Should I work more or less? At home? On volunteer work? On a hobby? On myself?
- Should I change how I behave at work and to whom? My boss? My coworkers? The work itself?
- Should I try to make money from my creative outlet? Could it replace my job and become my main source of income?
Now ask yourself, based on the answers provided if the answers you provided align with the goals you want to achieve within your work life.
Therapy Questions About Your Health
- What’s do I like about my body?
- What do I hate about my body?
- Do I accept myself as it?
- If not, what do I need to do to change that?
- Should I exercise more? Less? Differently?
- Am I partying or using mind-altering substances too much, too little, or just right?
Now ask yourself, based on the answers provided if they align with the goals you have for your health.
Therapy Questions About Your Mental Health
- What prevents me from being in the moment?
- How does it feel to be alone with my thoughts these days?
- What do I usually think about when there are no distractions?
- What’s the question I’m most afraid to be asked?
- In what way(s) would I like the next 10 years to be different from your previous ones?
- Is there anything I want to do now to help make that happen?
- What would give my life more meaning?
- What’s something unusual or weird about myself that makes me unique?
- Do I hate or embrace it?
- What’s the most positive thing people would say about me?
- What’s the most negative thing people would say about me?
- Do I want to improve on that? If so, how?
- Am I happy with my personality or do I want to change something? If so, what do you wish to change and what needs to be done to do just that?
- What am I afraid is true about myself? (I’m lazy, I’m annoying, I’m ugly, etc.)
- Have I accomplished as much as I’d hoped to at this time in my life?
- If not, is there anything I want to change to improve?
- Do I care enough to get more done and to make changes?
- Who am I?
This list of self therapy questions will reveal many things about yourself, from the way you perceive others to the way you analyze yourself and situations, your relationships, your value of self-worth and much more.
If you discover that there are some issues you’ll need help overcoming, consider trying some of our favorite DIY therapy options.
- 10 Quick Ways to Deal With Anxiety — Even in Difficult Circumstances - September 21, 2023
- Understanding and Managing Anxiety: Strategies for a Calmer Life - September 20, 2023
- How Medical Malpractice Affects Your Mental Health - September 11, 2023