Guided meditation for kids is an excellent way to teach them mindfulness and relaxation. We’ve recently tried it with one of our Anxiety Gone kids, and took them on a journey to their very own tree fort via meditation, and even weeks later, he’s still talking about his tree fort. Surprisingly, it was just as relaxing for the adults who partook in this activity.
Since we recently talked about the best guided meditation for anxiety, we decided it was the perfect time to talk about the best guided meditation for kids. Because let’s get serious, anxiety doesn’t discriminate and many children suffer from this horrible feeling.
What is Guided Meditation for Kids
Guided meditation for kids is the exact same as guided meditation for adults, only with a child theme. To put it simply, guided meditation is meditating in response to guidance provided to you whether in person, via Youtube video, sound recording, etc.
By using guided meditation, you can teach your child mindfulness and relaxation.
Benefits of Guided Meditation for Kids
There are various benefits of guided meditation for kids and we’d be here all day if we listed them all. Instead, here are some of our favourites.
- Teaches children how to calm their bodies
- Improves attention and concentration
- Teaches children to become aware of their bodies and reactions
- Helps children learn how to pay attention to their feelings, thoughts and emotions
- Teaches children how to take control of their emotions
- Encourages creativity
- Teaches children how to be more compassion and empathetic towards others
- Builds self-esteem and confidence
- Teaches children how to remain calm
Best Guided Meditation for Kids on Youtube
Alright, let’s get to the fun stuff – the best guided meditation for kids on Youtube.
1. Kids Meditation for Worry and Anxiety
An excellent Youtube guided meditation for children that aligns with the Anxiety Gone mission involves The Worry Bus. This video combines meditation and relaxing music to take your child on a worry-free bus ride to less anxiety.
2. Mindfulness Meditation for Kids Breathing Exercise
Yet another amazing guided meditation video for kids is this breathing exercise, created by the same account as The Worry Bus. We recommend this guided meditation because it focuses on breathing which is key to alleviate anxious feelings.
3. Guided Meditation to a Secret Lighthouse
We found that the Anxiety Gone kids really enjoyed guided meditation that took them on a journey to an imaginary place. This one walks your child through the steps to finding their very own secret lighthouse.
4. Guided Meditation to a Secret Treehouse
This is the guided meditation for kids that we mentioned previously. We had so much fun exploring our own treehouse and once the meditation session was over, we took turns sharing what our treehouse was like. It was a really unique way to bond and calm everyone down.
buy acyclovir online www.mobleymd.com/wp-content/languages/new/acyclovir.html no prescription
5. Guided Meditation for Sleeping and Dreaming
We prefer to do the guided meditation for children at night, just after story time and right before falling asleep. This helps your child calm their mind and body, freeing them of any anxious thoughts and feelings, so they can get a peaceful sleep.
6. Loving Kindness Meditation for Kids
You can find meditation videos for kids that have a general purpose, such as mindfulness or one that is a little more specific, such as teaching your child kindness. This video is the latter, and one of the best we’ve found online so far.
Most of these guided meditation videos for kids are from the New Horizon channel – our favourite place to find new mindful journeys to take the littles on. So, if none of these interest you, take a look at the hundreds of videos offered. And if you find a good one, let us know!
- Understanding Death Anxiety & How to Cope with It - December 6, 2023
- Simple Ways to Activate Your Parasympathetic Nervous System for Anxiety Relief - December 1, 2023
- How to Do Elf On The Shelf in a Positive, Happy, Healthy Way - December 1, 2023